Choosing the Right Amazon Ads Software: What You Really Need To Know
When it comes to managing Amazon ads effectively, having the right software can make a world of difference. With the vast array of tools available, it's essential to understand that there are two primary approaches: full automation and bulk work. Understanding this is far more impactful than deciding which specific tool within each approach you want to go for. In this blog post, we will delve into these approaches, explore their benefits and limitations, and help you determine which type of Amazon ads software suits your needs
- Full Automation: Set and Forget
Full automation tools aim to handle the majority of your Amazon ads management tasks, allowing you to focus on strategic decision-making. Examples of these tools include M19, quartile, Perpetua, Teikametrics, Sellics (before Perpetua's acquisition), and Adtomic. Each tool follows a slightly different model, employing rules-based or AI-driven approaches.
- The advantages of full automation: These tools streamline the bid management process, pull keywords automatically, and adjust bids throughout the day to optimize performance. They can save you significant time and effort.
- Understanding the nuances: While full automation tools offer convenience, they have their unique issues. For example, quartile and Teikametrics are quite poor at separating exact terms effectively, leading to potential challenges. Perpetua almost always runs very aggressively and goes over ACOS targets. M19 can struggle to get traffic and Adtomic has a very rudimentary bidding system and campaign structure which means there's no opportunity for advanced strategies. It's crucial to grasp these nuances to achieve the best results.
- Bulk Work: Empowering Sellers
Bulk work tools aim to expedite the tasks you would typically perform manually on the Amazon platform. They offer more filters, faster bulk changes without bulk file uploads, and often provide rule-based functionalities for suggested changes.
- The advantages of bulk work tools: These tools empower sellers with greater control over their Amazon ads management. They can efficiently handle keyword harvesting and, with rule setups, assist in bid changes. They are usually more affordable than full automation tools.
- The limitations: Bulk work tools often rely on a basic approach, making bid adjustments based primarily on ACOS. They may overlook other important factors, such as a keyword's role in organic sales or competitive edge. While they are better than manual management, they should not be relied upon entirely.
- Hybrid: Best of Both or Jack of All Trades?
There are a couple of hybrid-ish tools available, the two that come to mind here are sellozo and pacvue. Pacvue leans more towards bulk work and sellozo more towards full automation. Personally, I believe that if you are interested in going down the bulk work path Pacvue is the single best solution in the market. It offers all the customisation you could ever want while also having the comfort of a few pieces of automation within bidding and keyword harvesting that can simplify your workload massively. I won't go into much detail here but their use of tags makes the bulk work much faster.
Sellozo on the other hand has a very similar campaign creation process to Teikametrics, M19 and Perpetua. This makes setting up campaigns quicker than bulk tools but it has infinite ways to separate out additional campaigns and which keywords go towards them. M19 does something very similar with tactics that I would say is more than sufficient, but if you want complete control over which keywords go where then sellozo is a better choice. The downside of this is it takes a long time to setup all the different rules for each one so, although it is quicker than a bulk tool, it is still slower than a full automation tool and with M19's ability to use tactics I don't see a notable difference.
Choosing the Right Approach:
Finding the best Amazon ads software for your business requires careful consideration. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Assess your needs: Determine whether you prefer a set-and-forget approach or desire more control over your ads management process.
- Understand limitations: Both full automation and bulk work tools have their limitations. Be aware of the potential challenges and issues associated with each type.
- Consider your budget: Full automation tools generally come with higher costs due to advanced AI algorithms, while bulk work tools are often more affordable.
The truth is every approach has its limits. Bulk tools are slower and dumber so without adequate knowledge you won't necessarily get much of an improvement, just a time saving. So you are effectively just trying to speed up the process. Whereas full automation tools can lack some ability for complete customisation, which is hardly an issue for 99% of accounts.Generally we've found that as long as you understand the key nuances of the tool full automation tools are way easier to use and achieve better results as they can react to problems real time and be predictive rather than reactive, often leading to far superior results.